- Lifestyle & Amenities
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Health Services
- Your Parents
- For Residents
- Contact Us
Ready to come see for yourself?
We're Focused on Wellness
A holistic approach
Wellness isn't just about fitness. At Friendship Village, we take a holistic approach that addresses mind, body and spirit—through programs designed to enhance physical abilities, promote activities of daily living and improve quality of life.
Our Friendship Village lifestyle incorporates the six unique aspects of wellness that contribute to long–term health and happiness: Physical Health, Social Engagement, Life–Long Learning, Spiritual Enlightenment, Nutritional Well-Being, and Emotional Enrichment.
Winner of the silver Pinnacle Award®
Our wellness program is nationally recognized—winning the prestigious silver Pinnacle Award. The award affirms the top senior organizations in the U.S. that support healthy aging through whole-person wellness programming.
Fitness and Aquatic Center
One of the focal points of Friendship Village life is our state–of–the–art Fitness and Aquatic Center, which houses a pool and a fully outfitted fitness facility. It includes a multi-purpose room for stretching, Tai Chi and yoga classes; hydrotherapy spa and sauna.
Fitness and Wellness At Friendship Village of Schaumburg
Fitness programming for every age and need
Staffed by trained and certified exercise specialists, Friendship Village offers group classes and personal training that make it fun to stay active. In addition, our programs can help prevent the need for rehabilitation services and can improve recovery time if rehabilitation is ever needed. Many of our programs address age-related physical issues—such as arthritis, posture, and flexibility.
Some of our popular ‘out-of-the-box’ offerings include:
- ForeverFit: A CrossFit–inspired, low–impact circuit class, which can be customized to any fitness level.
- Zumba: Our certified Zumba instructor keeps the residents from all neighborhoods moving and grooving to the funky beats.
- Balance I/II: Beginner and intermediate classes focus on core– and lower-body strength.
- Joyful Joints Aqua: A full–body aquatic class for those with joint pain and arthritis.
- Special events/Initiatives: A wide range of fun offerings throughout the year, including: Step challenges, National Cyber Cycle challenges, bocce ball, fishing derby, home run derby, Silver Games, scavenger hunts, Biggest Loser weight-loss competition, pie toss, snow tubing, indoor sky diving, archery, camping, horseback riding, go-karting, laser tag, water volleyball and more.
It’s all included!
As a Friendship Village resident, you're able to enjoy all aspects of our wellness program—including fitness–as part of your monthly service fee.
Not only does staying mentally active provide numerous proven health benefits, it’s also fun. You'll find plenty of lifelong learning opportunities at Friendship Village, including programs offered in conjunction with Harper College and Roosevelt University and seminars on a range of interesting topics. You also can take part in discussion groups and practical seminars on subjects like fall prevention and diabetes management.
Get set for life with our wellness programs
We're always thinking about your future. That's why we’ve made wellness an important part of the Friendship Village lifestyle. It's another reason why Friendship Village helps older adults age successfully.